If you’ve made it to this post, are you a New Yorker who is tired of the small living spaces, constant chaos and eventful subway rides? Well if so, you’ve come to the perfect place to find out one of the hidden gems near the city that can help you to avert these situations…New Jersey! Don’t get us wrong, NYC is still a one-of-kind place to work, enjoy time with friends and relax on the weekends, but more tri-staters are learning that New Jersey has many benefits to the area – that still allow for easy access into the city. Below, we will go through some of the top reasons you may want to consider buying in Jersey while working in Manhattan.
- Easy and Convenient Commuting Experience – There are tons of different ways to get into the city while living in New Jersey which include:
- Train – You can take NJ transit to get into the city or switch over to the Path. depending on where you are headed; Often times, this route takes about an hour
- Bus – A simple solution that can drop you off right at the Port Authority. This commute can take just under an hour in most cases.
- Boat – The Ferry can take you to Wall Street within 40 minutes.
- Drive – In most cases, this can take about an hour as well.
- High Value for the Price – It’s safe to say that Manhattan is one of the highest cost places to buy in the country. With this in mind, buying property in New Jersey is the secret to value while still getting to enjoy all of the city perks. Let’s work with an example of a home buyer that wants to spend $1.3 million – in Manhattan, the price point can get this buyer a decent two bedroom but in New Jersey, you can get an actual house. Perhaps even a four bedroom home near plenty of schools and the luxury of having a nearby beach.
The upper echelons who may be looking in the $10 million range can get high value in Manhattan – However, that amount can also translate to the range of 10,000 square feet for a home on the ocean in NJ (in some cases).
- Calming Environment Compared to the Hustle and Bustle of NYC – Between the traffic, thousands of people on the streets and small spaces, the city can sometimes feel overwhelming and claustrophobic. There’s no denying that the city offers many opportunities for work and a highly collaborative environment but it can be refreshing to get away from the busyness during the evenings and weekends. New Jersey offers many great aspects like a wide variety of places to eat, beaches paired with stores and restaurants.
Interestingly enough, a few of our team members have moved from NYC to New Jersey and can also give first-hand testimonials of how enlightening the experience has been. Our Team Leader, Russ, lived in Manhattan and bought a house that he used on the weekends while commuting to the city for some time. He’s noted that this lifestyle can be very ideal since it’s a quick city escape. Also, this is a market that is currently under the radar.
Our team services buyers and sellers throughout New Jersey. If you have any interest in working with our team to buy your New Jersey dream home, contact us today!